Friday, April 4, 2008

Youth Trips and Doctors and Birthdays, Oh My!

So, this is NOT the way to get more people to visit your blog (for those of you who are looking for more traffic). Not blogging isn't very interesting for your readers.

I am the biggest homebody ever, and I hate busy-ness and running constantly. But I'm learning that no matter how much I kick, I'm not going to be able to stay in my comfy cozy home all the time like I'd like to. Having kids has a way of doing that to you.

Last weekend I took Baby Girl, and four other young ladies, on an overnight trip with our church to a youth conference.


(Baby Girl is on the left.)

The church that held the conference is a 2 1/2 hour drive away and on Friday night we had 48 people from our church in attendance! I am so proud of our church people, they're the best.



(Nothing better than a bunch of bellies full of White Castles at midnight, aye?) We stayed overnight and I have to brag on our teenagers. They are just a great bunch of kids. They love to laugh and have a good time, but it's all innocent fun and they are not ashamed to praise and worship the Lord!

The youth choir also visited another church and sang last night and will be doing so again tomorrow night, and Baby Girl is a memeber.

And for some reason we have been visiting the doctor and dentist over and over
lately. Sinuses, check-ups, braces, regular cleanings, hormone level testing, etc. I think we have more appointments this month than we've ever had. Sigh... not settling too well with this homebody.

And then the birthdays. Handsome is having his Golden Birthday next week. He'll be 9 on the 9th! And since his birthday falls on a Wednesday this year, he is having a slumber party tonight, as I type this, with Reece Cup and four other little (loud) boys. But they're having the time of their lives; running, yelling, shooting each other, playing basketball and video games, building marble runs, playing Battleship, and eating homemade pizza and chocolate chip cookies. Tomorrow we'll have his party with his friends and family.

Then on the 13th Baby Girl turns 12. She will be having her party next Friday followed by a slumber party with 6 or 7 of her girlfriends. Yes, it's hectic and loud and tiring around here the first two weeks of April, but I love seeing my kids having so much fun with their friends. They're all good kids, either cousins or kids we go to church with, and I don't mind one bit having them here. We've never had any problems out of any of them and they make us laugh. Life is good when you're a kid, isn't it? I'll post pictures soon.

Oh yeah, I'll also have been married to the greatest man in the whole entire world for a whopping 13 years on the 22nd of this month as well.

Sigh... life is good.

No comments: