Thursday, April 17, 2008

I've Joined Anti-Procrastination Week

I'm a bit late in joining in the 'fun', but Mrs. Byers over at 'A Complete Pantry' has motivated me to stop procrastinating and just get up and do the things that need to be done!

I LOVE looking at 'Before' and 'After' pictures, so this morning I went through the house and took 'before' pictures of all the areas I need to tackle and as I get each of them done I'll take 'after' pictures and post them in hopes of motivating all of you!

The funny thing is, I know the messes are bad, but they look so much worse when I see the pictures of them! Yikes!

So, here's my first set of before and afters. I decided to finally tackle my kitchen, which I'm embarrassed to say, had been neglected WAY too long. I've had a mountain of dishes gradually growing each day and it was hard to get anything done. They were getting really gross, my stovetop needed scraped, and the floor was nasty. What makes it even worse is that we do our schoolwork in the kitchen so it was making each day start out on a very sour note. I can't believe I let it get this bad. I vow to work hard to keep it clean now that it's done.

Before. (Believe me, the picture doesn't do the mess justice. It was much worse than it looks.)

And after.


So, what do you think? Doesn't it look GREAT?! I LOVE when my kitchen is all clean and shiney. After wiping my counters off I spray and wipe them with Lysol Kitchen cleaner and they just sparkle! It's the cleanest room in the house. I just want to stay there. LOL!

Ok gals. Now, get motivated with me. You know there are projects you need to tackle too. There's no better time than now to just get up and do it! I promise, you'll be SO happy you did. So what are you going to start with? And don't forget to take those 'before' and 'after' pictures for me!


No comments: