Monday, April 7, 2008

She's Gonna FIX me!!


I went to see a female gyn. doctor last Friday and do you know what she said to me? She said that she's going to FIX ME!!! YIPPEE!!! I'm so excited!

Why do I need fixed you ask? Well! Just sit right down and let me tell you. How long do you have?

Six years ago this past January I had my fourth and final baby. I also had a complete tubal ligation. Oh how I wish I hadn't gone that route. But that's another story for another day.

Anyway, I have not felt myself since. I have felt like I was going crazy. I'm always tired. I forget everything, even very simple things like what was coming out of my mouth! I'll just be talking and then I'll go, 'mmmm mmmm', trying to get the right word to come to my brain so it can send it to my mouth. Most of the time other people finish what I was trying to say. It used to be funny, but it's not so funny anymore. My weight gain is horrific, which has caused me to develop sleep apnea, which causes me to be even more tired. I'm always so hot. In fact, I sleep in shorts and a tank top with the ceiling fan and another small fan on my bedside table blowing on me... even through the coldest winter months! I'm constantly thirsty. I'm very emotional (weepy, grouchy, angry, hateful... you name it) and a while back my MALE doctor, whom I do really like but whom I know just doesn't GET women problems, put me on an anti-depressant because I sounded 'depressed'. HELLO! No, I'm not depressed. There's way more going on here! But anyway, I have been taking the prescription he gave me because it's the only thing that helps keep my emotions under control. One day without it and I don't even want to be around myself!

So anyway, I told all of this to my new best friend and she took me seriously and said she's going to fix me!! She drew blood that day and I have to go back in next Monday for them to draw some more so she can check for levels of all kinds of different things! (The different blood draws are so they'll be on different days of my cycle. How cool is that?)

Words just can't describe how excited I am! I miss myself and I can't wait to feel normal again! It's been far too long. My kids will think they've been given a new momma!

I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you found an understanding dr. I will be praying that she will find exactly what you are needing to feel "normal" again.

Blessings,
Shannon

*Heather said...

That is awesome Christy! ;)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

HOORAY!!! I just hate it when doctors don't take you seriously... like you're just some hypochondriac or overly emotional basketcase of a woman. GRRR... I know my m-i-l has been going nutty over trying to find a doctor that will LISTEN TO HER and take her SERIOUSLY. When it's a woman, they say "Well, you're getting older." But when a man goes in, there must REALLY be something wrong and they run all kinds of tests.

I'm normally not one of those woe-is-the-woman's-plight kind of people, but when it comes to doctors, I think it's a safe assumption!