Monday, April 21, 2008

Let 'Em Go!


We have now received everything I ordered for our next school year and the kids just couldn't wait. When our Math-U-See box came the other day, Reece Cup and Princess went on and on for about 10 minutes, whopping and cheering. They were SO excited! So today, everyone started on their new math books! I didn't make them. In fact, I told them they didn't have to. But they wanted to so I figured, why wait? If they're ready and asking to do it, why in the world make them wait until August? Because that's just 'the way' it's supposed to be done?

I challenge that reason. That's just 'public school' thinking. It's just the way it's always been, the way most of us have always learned and gotten use to. But as homeschoolers we're called to be different anyway! The kids are finished with this year's books and they have their new books and they wanted to start them. So instead of forgetting what they've learned over the summer and having to recap in August, now they'll be four months into their new books!

If I haven't said it before... I LOVE homeschooling!

No comments: