Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update On My Doctor's Visit


Well, my dream did not come true. There's actually something 'wrong' with me, thank goodness! LOL!

Seems that first of all, I have too much estrogen. The only natural way to bring this down is to watch the meat and milk that I consume. There are such high levels of added hormones that I need to make sure I'm eating and drinking organic meat and milk. Yeah, the grocery budget's going to love that! Oh, and make sure my bowels are moving regularly. Ok, moving on.

Secondly, I have nearly NO progesterone. A normal level is 10 and she expected mine to come back around a 4. She said she was shocked when my level actually came back at a 0.8! So tonight I begin using a liquid progesterone that I rub in on the inside of my forearm at bedtime. She said that it will help me sleep better and deeper, I will dream more vividly (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing), that I will be more calm and patient (a collective 'YAY' erupts from my entire household), and that I will be ABLE to begin to lose weight! (A big ole' loud YIPPEE erupts from me!) She said that no matter what I did right now to try to lose the weight that is simply would not come off. HELLO! Thank you very much. I knew it wasn't all just in my head.

My sugar was also just slightly high, but it wasn't anything to be too concerned with right now. As the weight begins to come off that should correct itself.

It feels SO good to finally have someone take me seriously and be willing to work with me to find out exactly what's going on in this old body of mine. Oh, and speaking of old body, I asked her what exactly would cause my progesterone level to be so low. She said, 'Getting older'. Getting OLDER? OLDER?!! I'm ONLY 32. Please tell me she was just kidding! I've always been 'young'. I can't be on the 'getting older' boat. Not yet! Great. What's next? Geritol?

Sigh... well, anyway. I just thought I'd update you and let you know that I'm on my way to being fixed! I hear so many women talk about feeling some of the very same things I've been experiencing. I sincerely hope that if you're one of them that you can find someone who's willing to listen to you and actually work to find what's going on. I'm so excited to start feeling good again. It's been a very long time.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off: You're only 32? Not that I think you look older or anything like that (Okay Sheri, remove foot from mouth)I just thought you were more around my age...and for whatever reason 32 sounds so much younger than 37...

Secondly: YAY!! Glad she found something to help you. I wonder if progesterone cream would help me, I've been stuck at this weight for over a year and no matter what I do I can't lose any more.

Thirdly: repeating again, I am just so glad you found a dr. who will work with you and not pooh pooh your concerns!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll be old along with you! I'll be 33 this year! I'm so glad that there is something they can do for you and hopefully you'll be feeling normal again soon. My weight has gone up about 8 lbs. in the past year(mostly my fault), but I've been having trouble losing it. My hormones have always been wacky though. I've been thinking of you and praying for you and glad that it went well.

Blessings,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I was just writing again b/c I think I typed in the wrong url for my blog link. Not that my blog is exciting to visit.

Shannon C