Friday, June 15, 2007

Ok, I Just Had To Tell

I know I said that I'd be blogging about my weight loss journey over on my Spark People blog, but I just had to give a quick update because I still can't believe it! And besides, we're not doing any formal schooling right now, so what's a homeschool momma to blog about?



As of this morning, after only 4 days of Kimkins, I have lost a total of 12 pounds!!! I am SO excited! If I just didn't have so much more to lose I'd be bouncing off walls! (Hubby has lost 8!)



I'll be the first to give a completely honest opinion on something I've tried or use and I have to be honest here. For a carb/chocolate addict like me, this is not exactly the easiest thing I've done, but you know, it also hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be either. I guess seeing the pounds come off so quickly and easily helps keep me going and keeps me motivated. I didn't even cheat ONE SINGLE TIME this whole week at Bible School! And tonight was our carnival night and I had cookies and other chocolate goodies and hot dogs & chili staring me right in the face and I never touched any of it! Now let me tell you, THAT'S a modern-day miracle!



I would like to enjoy a nice big brownie or a plate of lasagna right about now, but you know what? That would only provide me with temporary satisfaction and I'd be right back in the same boat I'm trying so desperately to climb out of.



I've allowed myself to give in to any and all cravings for far too many years and now I'm paying the price for it. I'm sure those who attend AA meetings would love to take another drink, especially during those first few days or weeks. But they know they have an addiction and if they don't get that addiction under control it will probably eventually kill them.



It may sound silly, but it's the exact same thing with food. As a society, we are addicted to food and it's slowly killing us! Yes it's painful to change the way you eat, but it's our own fault. I've enjoyed my food too much for too long and now it's time to pay the piper.



Change is never easy. Think of road construction. Doesn't that just drive you crazy?! But usually, 98% of the time, in the end it's worth the time and frustration it took to get that nice, pretty, smooth new road. Right?



Yes, this is a lot harder than dealing with road construction, especially when my flesh is throwing it's own little temper tantrum... 'give me chocolate...I'm STARVING...you can't do this, it's too hard...whaaa whaaa whaaa'! (Read that in a real annoying whiney voice for full effect). But it's the same thing. The end result is going to be SO worth all the time and hard work it took to get there. And at this rate, I could very possibly be there by the end of summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...you have inspired me to join kimkins. I joined last night. I have started today. If you want to, I would love to be weight loss buddies. I went to the store this afternoon and have made a bunch of stuff ahead so I won't have ANY reason to cheat. I pretty much followed what they said about the imaginary "Emily" does on her diet. Can't wait to see how it works for me. I need to lose 50 pounds. Blessings! ~Holly

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing such nice posts. Your blog is always fascinating to read.

Jenn said...

I didn't know you were on Sparkpeople!!? I have been on there since Jan 31st as Jammyphoto. I've lost 43 lbs. since then. I'm almost halfway to my ultimate goal. YAY. I'm so glad you found something that is working for you!

It's not silly to compare food issues with substance issues at all. Only someone who has struggled with food issues could understand, but I do, completely!! Thankfully it can be gotten under control.

Jenn