Friday, May 4, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

This is my first tag since moving here to Blogger and I feel so honored that my fellow FIAR sister from The Shades of Pink chose me!





Here's how it works:





Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to tag others and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!





So, let me see if I can come up with 7 things about me you may not know...





Hmmm...





1.) I'm a BIG homebody, but if there's one thing I'll RUSH to get out to do it's go yard saling. I LOVE it! Not junky, nasty yard sales. I don't really want JUNK. But the exhileration of finding something good, something we'll use or something one of us would like or need at a great bargain price, well, there's just NOTHING like it!





2.) I graduated high school as Valedictorian (at age 17 and I was still 17 when I moved away from home to go to college! What were my parents thinking?!). My best friend graduated Salutatorian.





3.) I live in the same town as the very first Kentucky Fried Chicken.





4.) I once dated a guy that was 10 1/2 years older than I was, and I was only 14 when I started dating him! Again, what WERE my parents thinking?! (Seriously, he was my step-dad's nephew who was in the Air Force and stationed in ALASKA. He was only home about 2 weeks a year, so I guess they figured it was pretty safe...LOL. He was really good to me and treated me like a princess. Guess he knew he had to be or not only would he risk his job in the military (due to my age, *wink*) but he'd also have his own uncle to face! Crazy Kentuckians! LOL!) We dated for almost 3 years!





5.) I've spent the 4th of July at Disney World with 80,000 other people AND I've also spent the 4th of July in NYC laying in the grass right across from the World Trade Center with about 5 MILLION other people! A couple years ago our family also watched the country's biggest fireworks display, Thunder Over Louisville, with 800,000 people!





6.) When I was in college I worked at the college's daycare and there was a little boy who came there who had something medically wrong with him but none of his doctors had been able to diagnose him. He was 4. One weekend while I was at home I picked up some informational papers my mom had been given about a little girl she was working with as a teacher's assistant, because she had special needs. As soon as I read the paper and looked at the pictures I KNEW that THIS is what the little boy at the daycare had! I took the papers back to the little boy's parents, they took them to his doctors and they finally had their diagnosis. (I take NO credit for this whatsoever. I am just so honored and humbled that the Lord chose to use little, insignificant me to help these parents get the help they so desperately needed. I think it's really cool and can't help but smile every time I think back on it.)





7.) I love children so much that it doesn't even have to be my own child for me to cry over them. When I see parents talk meanly or in an ugly way to their child, it takes everything in me to not go 'rescue' the poor little thing. I can watch videos of other people's kids and sob. When our kids are grown and gone I think I would love to adopt. Children are just my passion and I could, and sometimes do, hug them all and tell them how special they are!





Now, to choose whom to tag. Someone who won't get upset with me for taggin them. Someone I'd like to learn more about...





Ok, because she is so fun and such a sweetheart, I believe I'm going to tag Oney. I just think the world of this lady and would love to hear what things she comes up with.





I'm not sure how many people I'm supposed to tag, but I'm only going to do Oney because first, I don't think she'll get upset that I tagged her and second, it's 1:30 a.m. and I'm tired and don't want to think about who else to tag! LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome about the little boy!! It is amazing how God uses us and even prepares us. When I was a teen I had an insatiable desire to read everything I could about Autism! Back then it wasn't really a well known issue, but I would sit in the bookstore for hours and read. I guess he knew that he was sending me a little boy with autism someday and prepping me.