Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To Paint or Not To Paint?



I have been reading a wonderful book entitled Creating a SenseSational Home by Terry Willits and in it she gives ideas for making the entrance to your home welcoming and inviting.

This morning, while spraying off my front porch the idea hit me to maybe paint the ole' ugly thing. It's concrete and several years ago some oil spilled on it and no matter what we try that stain simply won't out. I Googled some images of painted concrete porches and saw some that looked really nice. However, the thought of actually doing it terrifies me! What color should I do? What if I mess it up? What if it looks horrible, then what?

What do you think? Have any of you done this? Any tips or ideas?

I have a lot of other ideas in mind to transform the front of our home into a cozy and welcoming place, but I guess I need to decide on this project first. Any advice?


1 comment:

Esther said...

I wouldn't paint it at least not my first choice. Being married to a concrete guy I would say acid stain it. If the color's not quite right the first try you can always darken it just not lighten it. If you have a Sherwin Williams around you or other niver paint stores they should carry the products need to do it. Here is my hubby's business' site with examples of acid stain. If you hate it afterwards which I doubt you can always paint it then.

www.nobelconcrete.com