Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Please Pray Again


We are going into our 7th year of homeschooling and for the last several years I have been friends with another homeschooling momma from Texas. Many of you may 'know' her.

Marsha is a wonderfully sweet, witty, beautiful mom who could always be found doting on her three little boys. Last night her 3 year old son, Christian (she refers to him as 'Dozer' on her blog) drowned in a pond.

Oh how my heart hurts for her and the rest of this family. After what we just went through it makes me hug mine all that much more because I know how close we came to planning funerals for our child(ren) as well. Please be in prayer for this family. I simply can not imagine the pain they're going through... thankfully.

Here are some links to a tribute to Christian, a news report, as well as Marsha's blog.

Cards or Correspondence can be mailed to:
David and Marsha Drews
c/o Rachel Harris
12830 N. Cypress Lane
Tomball, TX 77377



2 comments:

MrsMomma said...

I, too, have shed several tears this morning over this. His mother is a member of the Homeschool Lounge, and although I don't think I've ever visited her blog before today, I can say this has shaken our online community to it's core. Sending up prayers for the family.

Anonymous said...

HI. When I read this post, it too broke my heart. I wanted to pass along a link to a blog that you might want to share with your friend in Texas at some point in the future.

I haven't met the author of this blog myself...I came across it through a friend of a friend of ours in Nashville. But I read it often now and she is truly an inspiration to woman all over the country who have lost children. Her faith through it all is just evident of God's beautiful grace in times like this. I thought it might be a good online "support group" so to speak for your friend in Texas.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

I found your blog because I live in your area and I am homeschooling this year for the first time. I have really enjoyed reading it. I hope we get a chance to meet at an outing or event at some time in the future.

Melissa