Friday, August 29, 2008

Enough... Time for Some Laughs

While we are all physically fine in the aftermath of our car accident, emotionally a couple of us are not doing so well yet. Night time is the hardest time. That's when my mind turns on full force and sleep has not been abundant these past few days.

On top of dealing with these emotions my heart has just hurt so deeply for sweet Marsha and her family. But while it is hard to do, sometimes we have to make a choice to laugh, to smile.

So in order to start healing and getting life back to normal, I thought I would share one thing that brings so much laughter to our family. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the show The Gilmore Girls. The witty writing makes us laugh so much and we now use several sayings from the show in our normal daily conversations!

Let me give this little disclaimer though... there are a few scenes we skip over if our kids are watching with us, and there are a few choice words that we do not approve of but we do have a TV Gaurdian that blocks out those words. Gilmore Girls is not exactly a conservative show nor are the main characters Christian, but it is very well written and has brought us much laughter, and that has been a very good medicine for us this week.

So without further ado, if you haven't had the priviledge of watching any Gilmore Girls episodes, sit back and get ready to laugh. Here are some of the funniest clips I could find on YouTube. Enjoy!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your accident. The pictures of your van are horrifying. I can't imagine. I pray for you to have peace about this. I too have been praying for the Drews family. You read these blogs and you feel like you truly know people. It hurts as much as knowing them in person. I've been reading your blog for a year now and it hurts to see what you have been going through from the carbon monoxide, fireworks and now the accident. You and your precious family are in my prayers.
I miss Gilmore Girls so much! Good thing for reruns and dvds! I loved the mother/daughter relationship and the writing was great. I agree that it isn't exactly conservative, but it was one of the better shows out there compared to the other teenager trash. There needs to be more portrayals of positive parent/child relationships and more smart girls!!

Blessings to you,
Shannon C