Monday, February 11, 2008

I Have To Say Something!


I don't get on my soapbox very often on this blog, but I can't just sit by and not say anything about this.

I will never apologize for being a very strong conservative voter. There are just some things as a Christian that I can not back down from. One being the innocent and another being traditional marriage. Oh, and another very important one, opposing homos*xuality. As a Christian I DO love the person, but not the sin and I firmly do not believe they deserve special rights. If that's the case, then we should have special rights and laws for overweight people, and short people, and people with glasses, and people who don't like the color purple!

Anyway, before I get too heated, do you know just exactly where the candidates for president stand? Do you, really?

Just take a look at this and then tell me that if you are a strong conservative Christian like myself that you are not terrified for EITHER of the two Democrats to become the leader of our nation. I'm not even real crazy about McCain getting the job, although I'll have to back him if he does indeed win the nomination.

Here's another really great place to check out where any candidate stands on any issue. BE INFORMED!

Our only hope is for God to perform a modern day miracle, as well as regaining control of the House and Senate so that we can hopefully be saved from a completely Democratic control of our country.

Ok, I'm climbing down now. But I can't promise it will be for good.

2 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Hey, I think we must buy the same kind of soap because I have that very same box!!!

It literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about a dem gaining the presidency. There is just SO much at stake! And honestly, I'm not caring for any of the Repub's either... but I will probably vote Huckabee and if McCain wins the nom, then I suppose I'd vote for him (even if I don't like him or what he does NOT stand for).

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen to your soapbox speech....

You're not alone in your views!

Your pal,
Michele/Ivy Fiar boards