Friday, August 10, 2007

Making Science Cool This Year!




I am SO excited about our new book Sweetie bought me today while we were at Joseph-Beth bookstore! We originally went in to window shop, but I warned Sweetie that I don't DO window shopping. In my opinion it's a waste of time and it only makes me have to repent! LOL!



Anyway, back to our new book. It's The Usborne Big Book of Experiments and I know the kids are going to have so much fun this year with Science using this. They LOVE doing experiments. Sweetie's even excited about it, which is a good thing because there are certain things I'd rather just play with than build, namely the Electricity and Magnets section. That sounds like a guy's area, doesn't it?



I think we'll take one topic a week and learn a little and then do the correlating experiment(s). There are 42 topics with experiments and they all use very common household products. The sections headings are...



-The World Around You

-Testing Your Body

-Electricity and Magnets

-The Natural World

-Light and Dark

-Pushing and Pulling



Watch for pictures and stories soon!

No comments: