Saturday, July 28, 2007

You Know What? It's Time To Praise Him!!

Isn't it so much easier to murmmer and complain than it is to focus on the good things and give God praise? In fact, it's so much easier, I bet most of us do it without even realizing it!



Well, I've decided that I'm going to make it a point to CHOOSE to praise Him in ALL things, each and every day. We have SO much to be thankful for!



Here's a copy of what I posted about my day over on the Five in a Row message boards today. This is my praise for today...



God is so good, even when we don't deserve it.



I have had a bad day, and the stress from it caused me to develop a pretty good headache. I'm sure the crying I did didn't help the headache any.



I was at the end of my rope, not knowing what in the world we were going to do and getting to the point where I simply didn't care anymore. I was done, I couldn't take it any more.



But God heard my cry and, even though I didn't ask Him for His help (yeah, I know), He was loving and merciful enough to look down and allow us to find favor in the eyes of those in power.



While on the phone with 'the powers to be', being talked to like I was stupid, low-life scum before I even had a chance to say anything (or at least that's how the devil used it to make me feel), I simply began crying. I didn't get mad or lash out, I just weeped because I simply couldn't take anymore and this person was not willing to budge or help me and I knew that she really didn't have to; she was justified. I explained to her the situation and apologized, while being unable to stop the tears, and asked her if there was anything that could be done. She was pretty firm, even told me that she couldn't tell me anything anyway, that she would have to talk to Sweetie, but agreed to look at things and call me back.



A little bit later she had someone call me back (and actually talked to ME) and not only was the situation resolved, but it was to our favor in a way I was totally not expecting AND they totally removed any and all 'profit' that THEY would be receiving out of the whole situation..."because it wouldn't benefit you guys any"! WHAT?!?! It wouldn't benefit US?! What do YOU care about OUR benefit? That's never happened before! Needless to say, that REALLY started the tears flowing because I realized what God had done and I could hardly talk to be able to say thank you, but I did and she was so sweet. Big change from the first phone call. Only God can change hearts and situations like He did today!



I just had to tell you. In fact, I want to shout it to the whole world!! But, for now I'll just shout it here .


No comments: