Monday, November 10, 2008

Saving Those Pennies!



I just got back from Kroger where I snagged all of this for a mere $10.12!! You know, I used to think that I couldn't afford to shop at Kroger because their prices are so much higher than Wal-Mart, and on their regular prices without any sales or specials, they are higher. But I am finding that if I'll watch Kroger's sales and match up my coupons I can save a TON compared to shopping at Wal-Mart. I LOVE trips like this one. It puts me on a natural high!

Everything in the picture normally would have cost me $67.29 which means I saved a total of $57.17! That's a savings of 85%! How awesome is that? Wal-Mart has NEVER given me that much love! LOL!

Here's a breakdown of what I spent:

(3)Blueberry Muffins... normally $8.67; I paid $4.80
(4)Hunt's Tomato Sauce... normally $7.40; I paid $3.00
(1)Viva Paper Towels... normally 2.49; I paid $1.00
(6)Carnation Evaportaed Milk... normally $8.34; I paid $3.00
(2)PowerAde Drinks... normally $2.18; I paid $1.25
(7)Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes... normally $12.95; I paid $4.90
(2)Cottonelle 4-packs... normally $1.98; I paid $.98
(2)Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner... normally $6.78; I paid $2.98 (messed this one up; should have been a POSITIVE .02 but my $2/2 e-coupon didn't work and I gave the cashier a $2/2 coupon instead of $3/2 one.)
(1)Tide... normally $7.99; I paid $4.49
(1)Scotch Lint Roller... normally $2.50; I paid $1.00


On top of these great prices I also received $15 off my total because of the great 'Mega' sale they have going on this week! (For those of you who may scrutinize my totals, there was a bit of a mix up and I had to return a few items because some of my e-coupons didn't work. So the amounts don't figure out exact here, but I promise all I paid was $10.12).




And this picture is for my brother who just returned home from visiting with us from Illinois and had to take a picture of this gas sign when it said $1.99. We are LOVING these lower gas prices and thanking God for them while they last.


No comments: