Thursday, November 6, 2008

Now What?


President Obama.

For reasons I don't even totally understand, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around those words. It doesn't even look right. Is it just me or do those two words put together look... I don't know, odd?

While I hoped it wouldn't happen, I have to be honest and tell you that I didn't pray against it. That's right. I did not pray for John McCain to win the election. I know many across the country did, but I was not one of them. Instead, I prayed for God's perfect will to be done. I know there were others that prayed this same prayer and I have to believe that God heard those prayers and answered in His own way.

Do I believe it was God's will for Barack Obama to be the next leader of this great country? Well, let me reword that. Do I believe that Obama is the best man to lead the United States of America, the country that was founded on Christian principles and beliefs? Absolutely not. All you have to do is see my previous post and watch him speak directly against God's word. Do I believe that in order for prophecy to be fulfilled that this was the outcome that had to happen? Yes. Yes I do. And that's why I believe that Barack Obama being our next president is all part of a much bigger plan, one that has been in place for thousands of years.

Because of that we as Christians do not need to fear or wring our hands with worry. We have to remember that God is in complete control and that He will be returning for His children very, very soon. I truly believe that with all my heart. And if Obama winning the presidency is going to ultimately be a part of bringing that to pass, then we should be rejoicing because we already know that end of the story! We know that we win!

So what do we do now? We continue doing what we should be doing anyway. We pray. We pray for God's will to continue to be done, whatever that may be. We pray for our country and for wisdom for our leaders. We pray for God's mercy and forgiveness. We pray for protection over our country. We pray for our friends and family members who aren't saved. We pray for our children, that they will live their lives for Jesus.

Pray. We simply pray.


No comments: