Sunday, October 5, 2008

Now... Will You Vote Yay or Nay in November?


Thank goodness for those a bit wiser in certain things than I who can actually tell me things I otherwise would not have known.

For example, did you know that the government... you know, "OF the people, BY the people, FOR the people", their bailout plan that has now passed (oh, thank the good lawd that our country has now been bailed out by our trusted leaders) includes money for the following...

Auto racing tracks: $128 million
Small-to medium-sized fil producers: $10 million
Manufacturers of wooden arrows: $6 million
Corporations in American Samoa: $33 million
Rum producers in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands: $192 million
Fisherman and others who suffered from the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989: $223 million
Wool “research”: Cost unknown

I'm sorry. I may not be the smartest one on the block when it comes to all this financial/government/banking stuff but I am in no way stupid. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that if our country is in such dire financial shape that those wooden arrow manufacturers are just going to have to find another way to fund their... what the heck would you call it? Can anyone tell me WHY we even HAVE wooden arrow manufacturers in the first place? And WHY in the world do they need $6 million? And rum producers? $192 MILLION?!! Oh yeah, THAT'S what I sent my representatives to Washington for. UGH!

How did your House member vote? How about your Senators?

Now, my question to you is, how will you be voting in November? If they voted yes, will you vote no? Please take a second and vote on the poll over on the right sidebar.

(To read the rest of what Mary hunt has to say about this, go here. And not that this matters anymore, but here was Dave Ramsey's Common Sense Plan to this big mess. I say Ramsey for President!)



No comments: