Friday, May 16, 2008

Yes, It Really Can Be Done!


I have a dear friend who, as of right now, is not a CVS shopper. I've told her how it all works, and she understands and is simply amazed by what I bring home from my weekly trips.

Her husband, however, just simply can not believe how there can't be something to this. Is it some kind of scam? Do you wind up bringing home junk that you'll never use? What's the catch? He's convinced there has to be one. I think men just simply think about bargain-shopping and 'deals' differently than women do. Just take my Sweetie's recent comment for example!

Well I'm here to proclaim to everyone that yes, it really is for real and that no, there is no scam and most everything I bring home from CVS we can or will use and those few items we won't, I'll either stick in our yearly yard sale, give away to others, or donate to some place that can use them! Everyone wins!

So the picture above was from today's trip. I'm not going to break it all down by what each item cost or what coupons I used... that just takes way to long to type up. But I will tell you that the REGULAR prices (without tax) for everything pictured above comes to $199.96. The ON-SALE prices (without tax) brings everything down to $109.06.

How much did I pay out of my pocket? A whopping $4.58 (and $1.95 of that was purely tax)! I also earned $24.00 in ECB's! So try to analyze it and figure it all out if you want to. While you're doing that I think I'll just keep on shopping and bringing home the deals!

Just as an added thought... I'm under the impression that while there are plenty of us frugal moms out there that are taking full advantage of CVS's deals and Extra Care Bucks along with manufacturer's coupons, I'm sure there are many, MANY more customers that do NOT do this and that's what CVS is counting on. In the grand scheme of it all, we are a small percentage of their customer base with the majority paying full price for the items they buy. For example, I watched three people check out today that either didn't have a CVS card, had one but didn't want to fool with finding it, or took their receipt without looking at it and wadded it up and threw it into the bottom of their purse. HELLO! Give it to me if you don't want it! LOL.

Off to look over next week's ad!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I know the break downs take some time to type but, for those of us who are new to this and don't really understand, it is necessary and very helpful. I appreciate the ones that can actually show me how in the world they did that!
I'm desiring to be the best steward of our one little income that I can so, I need all the help I can get! thanks!