Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another De-Cluttering Room Done!

It's taking me a bit longer than I'd like to get this house de-cluttered and in ship-shape, but little by little, it's getting there.

I should have some more pictures to post tomorrow because I plan on finishing everything up, even if I have to work all day to do it. Baby Girl will be having her tonsils taken out first thing Tuesday morning and I want her to be able to come home to a clean, comfy home where she can rest in peace (oh my, that doesn't sound good!). I want to be able to devote my full attention to her and whatever she needs without worrying about what needs to be done around the house. I'm really bad for that. If there are dirty dishes or laundry or stuff laying around the living room or whatever, I can't fully concentrate on anything else because I'm always thinking about what needs to be done.

So without further ado, here are the embarrassing 'before' pictures that I can't BELIEVE I'm going to show, followed by the 'afters' that I am so proud of! Now, you have to keep in mind that the reason this room got so bad is because we're getting ready for a yard sale and this was the collection room. But everything has been sorted and put in another, more out-of-view spot until said yard sale and I finally have my den back!

I sure hope I can encourage someone to do the same for their homes because if not, I sure am embarrassing myself by sharing these pictures! LOL!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy!
Well I had fun perusing the first page of your blog! I've been decluttering too as you probably already know. I have to say though, that your before may have the excuse of being the temporary dumping room...so, be encouraged that I have no such excuse! My before is still too "now" and it looks a lot like your before

I have to tell you that perhaps you're not getting too many comments because of the cute little heart thingy that is normall the arrow or hand on other sites. It makes it VERY hard to click on a link. Thought you'd like to know. :)

I will try to visit your blog more often. I'm not a good blog visitor in general.

blessings! carriejoy from FIAR

Tricia said...

UGH! How do rooms get like this? Our back room (catch all room) looks like a stuff-bomb went off right now.

I have this years school stuff that I need to get rid off, and next year's stuff that I need to organize, and all the science projects and discarded first draft's of various term papers/essays, plus all the stuff from the co op open house...

UGH. I am going to spend all summer cleaning up from the school year! :o)

Your after photo looks great, btw!

Julie said...

I'm so proud of you! What an awesome job. When can you come to my house? LOL!