Sunday, December 23, 2007

Heeding God's Voice

There was once a night when Sweetie and I stayed up much later than we usually do, scanning ebay for an item we thought we might actually be able to win since it was in the wee morning hours and fewer eyes might be viewing the same item.

That same night, my dear mother-in-law went to bed and tried to sleep but couldn't. She got up several times, bothered by something but not sure what it was. So, she prayed. She took something to help her sleep, but to no avail. She prayed some more, feeling like we were the ones needing prayer.

Meanwhile, Sweetie and I gave up on ebay and finally crawled into bed around 2:30 in the morning. No sooner had we began to drift off to sleep when Reece Cup came in and woke Sweetie up because he was feeling sick. After getting him back to bed and drifting off again, Princess came in and also went to her daddy to wake him up. Why she went to him we have no idea. He is on the far side of the bed from our door and she's a big mommy's girl and has always come to me when she wakes up during the night. This time I never knew she had came in.

While putting her back to bed Sweetie knew something wasn't right. After laying back down something just kept nagging at him, so he got up again at 3:30 a.m. and turned off our heat.

At 3:30 a.m. my mother-in-law finally felt peace and was able to drift off to sleep.

The night? This past Monday night. The night before we had to go to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.


Kathy said...

Christy ~ my friend Christa told me about your blog. I have been sick for a week. They said it was pneumonia. I'm over the cold symptoms, but still have pain in my chest, and no energy. I'm so tired. We all had headaches last night, and my son threw up. My daugher spiked a fever. They feel better today, but we all sleep in. You just had to call the gas company and ask them to come out and check the carbon menoxide level??? I never thought about it, but now that I've read your blog, I'm a bit worried about it. We've been turning our heat down at night.


Kathy said...

I will don't worry. We'll call in the morning. Thanks for your concern. I'll let you know what we find out...