Sunday, November 11, 2007

Zoo Day!



November 10th was Free Day at the zoo, so we loaded up the kiddo's, filled the cooler with goodies and drinks and snacky-type foods, tossed Mamaw in the back of the van with all the squirmy wormies, turned on Meet the Robinsons to stave off all the 'are we there yets', and we set off for a day of adventure! It had been 5 years since we had visited a zoo, so a day of ooo's and ahhh's was had by everyone.



Can you guess what we saw while we were there?




Lions...




...and tigers...




...and bears! Oh MY!



While there, we had the priviledge of meeting up with two other Five in a Row families we hadn't met yet. Can I just say how AWESOME FIAR families are? Not once do we ever hesitate in meeting up with any of these families, whether we've met them in real life before or not. The Five in a Row message board community is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, my strongest and most loved and treasured homeschool support group. I am so thankful God led us to FIAR right from the very beginning of our homeschooling journey. I honestly don't know where I would be without these wonderful gals and the wisdom from Steve and Jane Lambert, the authors and creators of everything Five in a Row.



Anyway, here's a picture of all us FIAR mom's and kiddo's.






Here's a sign that made us all laugh...






But without a doubt, I think THESE were my favorite animals of the day...







My goodness, when did they get so big? Sigh...

No comments: