Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Baby Girl's Winter Poem

Baby Girl came to me today and read this poem that she had written... all by herself, without mom prompting her! I was so proud of her.



I'm proud of my children's work, especially when it's done just because they WANTED to do it, and I'm happy to show it off.



Why not show off some of your children's work on your blog? Let friends and loved ones far away see some of what they are doing. Besides, it makes kids feel really important and special when their hard work is shown off to others. It makes them want to do more and put that little bit of extra effort into what they're doing. Have you ever noticed a little one's face when they are being praised and told how good they have done? Priceless.



Now, without further ado, here's Baby Girl's poem...




The soft winter winds

that sway me to and fro;

Who is doing this,

I would like to know.



The sweet little snowflakes

put on a snowflake show.

Who is doing this,

I would like to know.



There's presents under the tree,

though we've told the children no.

Who is doing this,

I would like to know.



I now know

that God has done these things.

He's sent us down an angel

with a halo and wings.

No comments: