Friday, April 27, 2007

Yummy New Lunch

As you may or may not know, I am on a quest to lose my extra weight as well as find healthy AND yummy meals and snacks for my family so we can all be healthier.



But we're a pretty picky bunch. If it doesn't taste good, it doesn't matter how healthy it is, we're not going to eat it! And if it's not something I can find at my local Wal-Mart or Kroger, or if it costs a fortune, it won't be finding it's way into our home.



So in my quest, any time I find a new recipe or idea that is both healthier AND tastes good, I'll share it here with you so you can glean from my searching and testing. Likewise, if you have any recipes that fit this bill, I would be so thankful if you would share them with me!




My first new find came from a desire to get some more vegetables in since I'm NOT a veggie lover, or even veggie LIKER. I do enjoy the occasional salad, but only if I can enjoy Ranch dressing with it. And no, I do NOT like reduced fat or fat-free ranch. Yuck!



I'm also trying to get more fiber in my daily diet, since I know that's really good for us. So, this is what I came up with, and much to my surprise, it's really, really good! I've had it for the past two days:



-The original carbdown Light Flatout Wraps (from Wal-Mart in the deli section; only 90 calories but has 9 grams of fiber per flatbread!)



-Lettuce



-4-5 strips/pieces of Hormel Natural Choice 100% Natural (No preservatives) Grilled Chicken Strips (also from Wal-Mart)



-1 TBSP. good-ole regular creamy Ranch dressing!



Just lay down the lettuce and grilled chicken pieces on the flat wrap sideways (the shortest way on the wrap, not long-ways), and top with the Ranch dressing. Fold up one long side about an inch or two to keep the ingredients from falling out and then fold over one side, then the other. Enjoy!



This yummy lunch idea will provide you with 9 grams of fiber (you should be getting between 25-35 per day), 209 calories, and 9 grams of fat. For those of you who may be counting Points with Weight Watchers, this comes out to 4 Points.

No comments: