Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cool Way To Stop Cup-Mix-Ups

I just wanted to share with you what the kids and I made this week. I read about this idea somewhere... sometime... can't remember where or when, but decided to try it out this week. With four kiddo's who think they live in the Sahara and drink like camels, this has become a life-saver. We were forever asking, 'Who's cup is this? Where's YOUR cup? No, don't get a new cup!'



Anyway, these are quick and easy to make, just make sure to get the thicker gold elastic cording. I didn't and uh, well, as I was putting one on yesterday it broke and the beads went flying across the kitchen, including into my plate of lasagna!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try that. "Who's cup?" is a frequent question heard here, too. A long time ago, I let the boys choose a color, then I went to Wal-Mart and bought cups, bowls and plates in their colors. Now, if I could keep them from taking them putside to dig with...
By the way, your blog is so sweet. And I love he music.
Blessings,
Christy B.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We'll have to try that sometime, but definitely with the thicker cording~ ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Christy! I bet your kids are enjoying this...especially when the beads went flying! :o)

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to recognize everyone's cups.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I am hearing music.. I know you've been working hard on that! Loaded a little slow but not really bad at all. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I read it awhile back in some woman's mag, but have never done it. How silly I am to keep dealing with the never-ending onslaught of cups, washing and drying and washing again. I think we will do this with the kiddos. Let them design their own cup bracelet and practicing threading the beads will be good for the fine motor skills, right?
Thanks!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I think my children would just remove the name markers. I use different colored cups. Girl 1 is ALWAYS blue, and the rest have their own color. It never changes. We have several different sized cups for them in their very own color. If it's a special occasion and we want the table to look pretty with all the same dishes, then we....oh wait...none of my dishes match anyway!

Abiding in the Vine!