Monday, July 14, 2008

Two of My Passions Together in One


I am passionate about several things, but I would have to say that two of my biggest things are babies and photography. When you put both of these things together, well, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Last February I was hired along with another lady to take the newborn pictures at our local hospital. I would do it 3 days one week and 4 days the next. Talk about the prime job! Getting paid to handle and photograph newborn babies?! I couldn't believe I was so lucky! But, after about 4 months or so the Lord made it very clear that I was to be home with my own babies so now I only do it when the other lady needs me to, such as if one of her children are sick or something like that.

Anyway, one of my very best friends from middle school on just had her second little boy a couple of weeks ago. While at the hospital visiting them I snapped these pictures. I absolutely love black and white pictures (sepia is ok, but not my favorite). They have such an old-timey, sentimental feeling to them. Plus, the baby had broken out in a really bad rash after being bathed in head-to-toe baby wash, so turning these black and white makes him look just heavenly. I'm no professional by any means, but I do so enjoy it. Here are some of my favorites...











1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Whoa! This is some adorable HAIR on that adorable baby!

*sigh* I can't believe I actually miss that stage...