Monday, September 3, 2007

The Blessing of Cousins

One thing I never had growing up was a bunch of cousins to play with. Oh, I had some, but we didn't live close enough to get together very often. I also only have one half-brother that didn't live with me, so I was a bit on the lonely side.



Because of that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that our kids have so many cousins that live right here in the same town we do. We all attend the same church, we have lots of birthday and holiday get-togethers, and we all go to Friday night football games to cheer for the second-oldest cousin of the bunch (who's 16).



Here are a couple pictures from this very proud aunt! There are 15 cousins all together, ages 27, 16, 11, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, and 2, so as you can see, a few are missing from each picture. And we just had the first 2nd cousin born into the family in August! I'll add a picture of him too.



This first picture is from June when one of the cousins wanted to go fishing for his birthday. Aren't they all just so cute!



This is from last Friday's football game. I'm sure you can imagine, not much of the game got watched by us mommies between potty trips, concession stand trips, and all the "sit down before you fall" reprimands! LOL!



And here's the newest little guy added to the bunch. Oh how spoiled he's going to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cousin bonds are so special. It's also awesome that they are all so close in age. My nephews lived next door for a couple years, now they live on the other side of town. We miss them like crazy. We don't see them daily anymore. htt