Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yawwwnnn... Anyone Still Here?



I can't believe anyone would still be around to see if I was ever going to blog again, but, here I am! What has caused me to stay away from my beloved blog for so long you ask?

Well, does the above picture tell you anything? In case you don't know, like I wouldn't have, that is a picture of Poison Ivy. Any further explanation needed?

Yes, I got myself into a big ole' bunch of the nasty stuff nearly a month ago while cleaning out our back fence line. I had no idea what the leaves of Poison Ivy looked like, nor that it would take nearly 10 days for the blasted stuff to manifest itself. Too late to wash off the oil from it then.

To my knowledge, I've never had Poison Ivy before and I hope to NEVER have it again! I have been downright miserable for going on three weeks now. I did finally call my doctor and he was kind enough to call in two prescriptions for me. However, both of them made me ravenously hungry, then knocked me out like a light! I was to take the 'may cause drowsiness' one FOUR TIMES A DAY! I did take it for a couple of days, then Bible School started and I was teaching, so the medicine went on the shelf for that week.

The night Bible School ended my brother and his fiance came from Illinois to visit, so the medicine continued to sit on the shelf. When they left this past Monday I couldn't stand the itching any more so I began taking the Rx again, only to be knocked out for hours on end. Then I would wake up and take more (remember the 'four times a day'?) and would be back out cold for a couple more hours.

As any mom knows, you just can't sleep all day long when you are the only one home with the kids. So, after a couple of days of not being able to function without dropping dead asleep, I am once again swearing off the medicine and just praying for God to continue to heal the rest of this Poison Ivy.

So that's the main reason I've not been around lately. It's kind of hard to type when your fingers are busy scratching and scratching and scratching!

Oh, and I will NEVER even go close to that back fence line again! If you aren't sure what the leaves of Poison Ivy look like, there are a lot of pictures here along with other articles on treating as well as getting rid of Poison Ivy. Please don't learn the hard way like I have.

No comments: