Sunday, January 27, 2008

At Least He's Honest


Our precious little Reece Cup wanted to wear a suit to church this morning. My my my, did he look handsome! He was SO proud of himself. He said, "Mom, I'm going to pay attention in church today!" I told him that was a wonderful idea.

And pay attention he did. He sang, clapped his hands, followed along in the song book, opened the Bible and followed along with the verses our pastor read, asked for prayer for his great-grandma who's in a nursing home, put his quarter in the offering plate, and looked so cute doing it all.

About two-thirds of the way through the service he leaned over to whisper in my ear, "Mom, I really, really want to pay attention but oh, I reeeeaaally want to play with brother". I couldn't help but chuckle. He's just so darn cute. I told him that he had done a wonderful job and that I thought it was ok if he quietly played next to me in the pew with his brother for the last few minutes of church.

That's why his nickname is Reece Cup. His middle name is Reece and he is one of those kids are just soooo YUMMY I could just eat them up! He has the sweetest little personality and the most tender heart and he has truly brought much joy to our family.

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

That is so sweet and cute and HONEST! :-)

I bet your handsome little guy looked mighty dashing in his suit. I fear that the words "I want to wear a suit" will never come from the lips of my boys. They scoff at the mere thought of a tie or even the top button of their shirt buttoned!