Sunday, July 4, 2010

What a Blessing!

I can't believe what a deal we got yesteray when we went to Lowe's to pick up a Weeping Cherry tree!  We didn't find the tree we were looking for but we did find Golden Delicious trees for only $4.69 each!  They had been $24.98 each but yesterday were on sale for 75% off so we bought five of them!  Our side yard meets our neighbors back yard so we are going to plant them there as a nice little divider.  Our kids love apples and can't wait to be able to 'reap the harvest'!
We also picked up some shrubs and double knock-out roses for 50% off so if you have a Lowe's nearby you may want to make a trip to see what you can find!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to show us pics of your garden. LOVE knock out's. What color did you get? I have fallen in love with them since I found they are very low maintenance and bloom several times during the summer. I have double pink, yellow and white. Only one of them smells. Bet you are dreaming of apple butter and apple pies.

Christy said...

The only color they had was pink, which is completely fine with me! But we did look for a white or a yellow to go WITH the perfect pink one I had picked out. So we just wound up with two pink. They look beautiful up against our yellow house!

And yes, I can't wait to go pick our OWN apples and do all kinds of things with them! I'll post pictures when we get everything planted.

Laura O in AK said...

We've always dreamed about having a mini-orchard. IF we find something that'll grow in our new home, I have a feeling it won't be a bargain price like you got. Hopefully, your family will be blessed with wonderful fruit in the years to come.

Also, welcome on board the TOS Crew this year.

FM Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey! Enjoy having fruit in the backyard! We have a peach tree that overflows every spring/early summer! Have fun!

i cant decide said...

Wow! I'm gonna have to check our local store to see if they have any trees on sale.